Soak 4 T. dry minced onion in 1/4 c. hot water till soft. Mix 2 lbs. ground sirloin & 3 oz. jar babyfood strained beef, 2/3 c. clear beef broth or prepared bouillon.
Make patties uniform in size, flattening to 1/4 " thick. Fry each one quickly in 1 T. oil on a hot griddle. Make 3 or 4 holes in each pattie, with tip of knife during frying to ensure even doneness. Cut hot dog buns in half and cut away the rounded ends. Fry 1 t. of softened onions under each patty when turning to do other side. Slip into half piece of buns. Serve with pickle chips, mustard & ketchup.
Freeze what patties not fried right away.
Serves: That depends on how many Slyders™ you can eat...
Source: Gloria Pitzer's Secret Recipes Newsletter
Founded Billy Ingram and cook Walter Anderson, White Castle is the oldest American hamburger fast food restaurant chain with its first locations openning in 1921 in Wichita, Kansas. It is known for square burgers, sometimes referred to as "sliders" (officially spelled and trademarked as "Slyders") that were priced at five cents until the 1940s, and remained at ten cents for years thereafter.
Besides a being a great concept, with a killer little burger, White Castle aslo set some amazing records. First fast-food hamburger chain ever. First industrial-strength spatula. First mass-produced paper hat. First to sell a million hamburgers. First to sell a billion hamburgers. First frozen fast food for sale.
And something for all of the guys to remember, every year on February 14, White Castle offers to reserve a candlelit table for two, complete with a server for Valentine's Day.
For more information, check out www.whitecastle.com It has a ton of information including nutrition, White Castle history and terminolgy, locations, what's new and some great promotions.
Source: whitecastle.com & wikipedia.com
©1972-2014 Gloria Pitzer, The Recipe Detective®. All rights reserved. Limited, non-commercial duplication is granted by permission.
For more information, please write to; Gloria Pitzer, 1700 River Rd #13, Marysville, MI 48040